Editors review audio recordings of books read by volunteer narrators, identifying mispronunciations and other errors.
- Review books read by in-house narrators to identify inconsistencies between the printed and recorded copy.
- Operate digital recording equipment.
- Identify and mark errors in digital recordings as needed.
One to two hours per week during the library’s operating hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It is important that each reviewer edit materials on a consistent basis, to allow the narrator time to make corrections during the next recording session.
Qualification & Skills
- Be familiar with operating a computer and using a mouse.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize inconsistencies between printed material and the audio recording.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Recognize the rhythmic pattern of speech, and be able to identify errors in the recording that require correction.
Training in the process of reviewing books will be provided by the library. Feedback will be offered to help book reviewers achieve and maintain a high quality level of performance.
For additional volunteer information please contact:
801-715-6737 or 800-662-9150 (Utah Toll-Free)