Narrators read print books using digital recording software and equipment to create audio books that are accessible to patrons of the Utah State Library for the Blind and Disabled.
- Read printed books aloud into a microphone in a smooth, clear voice, correctly pronouncing and enunciating words.
- Operate digital recording equipment.
- Make corrections to identified errors in digital recordings as needed.
One to two hours per week during the library’s operating hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It is important that each narrator commit to completing the book(s) they have started.
Abilities & Skills
- Familiarity with operating a computer and using a mouse.
- Pass a vocal audition to demonstrate the ability to read aloud in a clear and agreeable voice.
- Speak concisely and have a well-developed vocabulary.
- Willingness to take direction and correct mistakes as necessary.
You will be trained to use the digital audio recording software and equipment that is provided by the library. Feedback will be offered to help narrators achieve and maintain a high quality level of recording.